About the Program
Become a Faculty Scholar
- Be an RN, MD, or DO faculty member in good standing at the sponsoring school;
- Have served for more than five years on the faculty of the sponsoring school of nursing or medicine;
- Have an identified faculty mentor who will provide advice on the candidate’s project and career development;
- Have an educational innovation project with the appropriate institutional support; and
- Be a citizen or permanent resident of the United States or its territories.
- Candidate’s statement of career objectives and personal goals for the program (no more than 2 pages);
- Description of the educational innovation project to be undertaken (no more than 3 pages);
- Nominating letter from the Dean of the school;
- Letter from the candidate’s mentor indicating a commitment to advise the candidate on project work and career development;
- Letter from the candidate’s department Chair indicating the Chair’s commitment to protecting the time of the candidate and describing the role of the candidate in the department;
- Letter from one other senior faculty member familiar with the work of the candidate; and
- Current Curriculum Vitae of the candidate.