2012 Kroepsch-Maurice Excellence in Teaching Awards
Faculty Nominations Requested!
The deadline for nominations is April 27, 2011
If you know of a faculty member who has shown excellence in the classroom, let us know! The Kroepsch-Maurice Committee depends on you to help identify faculty whom you believe qualify for this award. Students, faculty, staff and alumni/ae are urged to forward nominations. You are welcome to submit more than one nomination per category or submit nominations in more than one category.
Each recipient will receive $1000. Nominations are accepted in the following faculty categories:
- Associate Professor
- Assistant Professor
- Lecturer (Including Senior Lecturer and Continuing Education Instructor)
Nomination forms are available online at http://www.uvm.edu/ctl/km/
Areas to be considered for selection include:
- Excellence in instruction (including learning experiences outside the traditional classroom)
- Capacity to animate students and engage them in the pursuit of knowledge and understanding
- Innovation in teaching methods and/or curriculum development
- Demonstrated commitment to cultural diversity
- Ability to motivate and challenge students
- Evidence of excellent advising